Hello Parents of Grade 9 Students,
On November 1st we are asking your child to participate in Take Your Kids To Work Day. This is a day for students to explore the world of work, further informing them in making educational decisions.
There are many ways a student can participate in Take Our Kids to Work Day:
- Spend a day on the job with your parent.
- Ask a relative, neighbour or family friend if they can host you at their workplace.
- Speak with your principal, career studies or co-op teacher if they can assist you with finding a suitable placement.
- Ask the parent of another grade 9 student who is participating if you could join them for the day.
Attached you will find a parent information package, consent form, and reflection assignment for students. The signed consent form can be returned to the school office or emailed to the career facilitator Mr. Gollub at email@example.com. We ask all consents forms to be returned by October 20th. In an effort to connect our Grade 9 students with their career advisor Deidre Miles, we are asking students to complete and drop off their reflection assignment on November 2nd in the Career Centre.
More information on Take Your Kids To Work Day can be found athttp://www.thelearningpartnership.ca/what-we-do/student-programs/take-our-kids-to-work.
Copies of these documents can be found on the career education page of the DW Poppy Websitehttps://dwps.sd35.bc.ca/programs-courses/career-education/.
If you have any further questions please email Mr. Gollub at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the Career Education Department include:
- Mr. A. Gollub (Department Head)
- Ms. K. Dorini
- Ms. G. Gupta
- Ms. K Morrison
- Ms. M. Prossegger
- Ms. J. Weslowski