Posted: November 29, 2016
It’s “Giving Tuesday” today and I thought this would be an opportune time to remind our Poppy Community about our annual Christmas Hampers prepared by the Family Management class and coordinated by Mrs. Fast.
The hamper collections have begun and will continue until Friday Dec. 9th.
Donations of gift cards, cash and non perishable food items can be sent in with the students and are being collected during Block B.
These are the families from our DWP School Community
- Family No. 1 – Mom, Dad, 9 yr. old boy, 11 yr. old girl, 12 yr. old boy, 14 yr. old girl, 15 yr. old girl, 21 yr. old girl
- Family No. 2 – Mom, 7 yr. old girl, 14 yr. old boy, 19 yr. old girl
- Family No. 3 – Mom, Dad, 16 yr. old girl, 18 yr. old girl
- Family No. 4 – Mom, Dad, 15 yr. old boy, 17 yr. old boy
- Family No. 5 – Mom, Dad, 16 yr. old boy
The other three families for the gift cards are as follows:
(Not full hampers- gift card at Willowbrook, gift card at Superstore)
- Mom and 16 yr. old girl
- Dad and 13 yr. old girl
- Dad and 17 yr. old girl
These are the 2 families from the Langley Christmas Bureau that we have adopted
- Mom, 13 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl, 9 yr old girl, 11 yr old girl
- Mom, Dad, 11 yr old boy, 8 yr old boy
For further information you can contact:
Home Economics, Grade 8 Girls Basketball Coach
D.W. Poppy Secondary School