April 14, 2018
Welcome to spring – longer days, warmer temperature, more sunshine (hopefully!) and that also means the annual Poppy Car Show is just around the corner! This year marks the 31st year of this highly successful event that serves as the biggest and most important fundraiser for the school! It is a massive event that requires many bodies and hands to make it a success. Our planning committee led by one of our parents, Marlene Yakabuski, has been busy planning the event for months and is still in needs of lots of help. Below are just a few areas that we are seeking assistance from students, parents and our community:
- Grad 2018 Volunteers – all grade 12 students are encouraged to volunteer to help run the gates at the car show and raise money for this year’s Dry Grad event. This is also a last opportunity for our grade 12 students to be part of a school event and give back to the school. Please email email@example.com from Dry Grad if you are able to help out.
- Grade 12 Parent Volunteers – needed to help out at gates anytime during the day as part of a Dry Grad Fundraiser (need 10 Grade 12 parents)
- Parent Volunteers – we are looking for parent volunteers who are able to assist with any of the following tasks. If you are able to assist on Car Show Day, please contact myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marlene Yakabuski (email@example.com)
- Help park cars anytime from 7 am to 2 pm (need 10 parents, extended family, family friends, community members)
- Help at the Merchandise Table anytime from 7 am to 3:30 pm (need 6 parents or community members)
- 5 to 6 parents to assist with assembling registration packages one afternoon during the week of April 30 to May 4
- Student Volunteers – Grade 8 to 11 – any students in grade 8 to 11 who would like to volunteer at this year’s Poppy Car Show should see Mr. Janzen in the Library Learning Commons
In addition, we could also use everyone’s help to promote the event with family, friends, neighbours and co-workers. Please see the advertising flyer and information on the next page. Please feel free to share this flyer with others, print it off and post it at work or a local store, or share it on social media. The more people aware of the event, the more who will attend, which means more fundraising dollars for the school! Thanks in advance to all of you for your support of this wonderful event!